MUSICAL TALE OF “JOSEPH” RETURNS TO LIFEHOUSE THEATER
LifeHouse Theater presents the return of a popular family musical, “Joseph.” The age-old tale of Joseph unfolds to reveal a faith and love that overcomes murder, betrayal and slavery. Dynamic drama and adventure blends together in this award-winning musical based on the beloved story from the Torah.
Performances begin Saturday, February 25, 2012 at 7:30 PM and will continue on weekends through April 1, 2012. Performances are Fridays at 7:30 PM, Saturdays at 2:15 PM (except Opening Night
) and 7:30 PM, and Sundays at 2:15 PM. In addition to the weekend performances, there will be a special weekday performance at 7:30pm on Thursday, March 29, 2012. The performance on Saturday, March 10, at 7:30 PM will also feature an interpreted presentation for the deaf.
Advance ticket prices are $14 or $18 for adults and $7 or $9 for children ages 3-11 (no children under 3 are admitted
) and may be purchased over the phone with a Visa or MasterCard by calling (909) 335-3037, ext. 21. Checks may also be mailed to LifeHouse, provided reservations are made far enough in advance. Tickets may also be purchased in person at the box office, which is open Fridays from 1:00 PM to 6:00 PM and one hour prior to performance times on the weekends. Tickets are $1 more the day of the performance. Group rates are available for groups of ten or more.
Guests are encouraged to reserve seats early as most performances usually sell out.
Set in ancient Egypt, the story follows Joseph as he falls prey to the wicked whims of his scheming brothers. Condemned to struggle as a slave in Egypt, he must now rely on his faith in God to overcome treachery and imprisonment in his quest to do what is right.
“This powerful musical rendition of a life lived against all odds is one of the most amazing and touching true stories of all time,” comments LifeHouse President Wayne R. Scott, who also wrote the production. “The incredible life of Joseph and his example of overcoming adversity is as relevant today as ever.”
Directed by Mary Lynn Mollner, “Joseph” is presented by a cast of storytellers from all over the Inland Empire. The musical stars Jonathan Blair in the title role, Danny Blair as Jacob, Jeremy Yeo as Potiphar, Heather Siembieda as Potiphar’s wife Ningal, and Saul Silva as Pharaoh. Joseph’s brothers are played by Shane Prince, Mark Perrenoud, Jeremy Prince, Rich Durant, Lyle Kimble, Jacob Gomez, Israel Cabreros, Jay Pattersen, Nicholas Ferguson, Ben Baker and Jacob Michel.
The production staff includes assistant director Nathan Prince, choreographer Emilie Helvey, music director Debby Race, costume designer Samantha Free and set designer Tim Mahoney. Sound and lighting design is by Daniel Milligan, Kyle Montgomery and Matt Fuller.
LifeHouse Theater continues its 18th
season with the new musical “Sense and Sensibility” (Apr. 14 - May 13, 2012), “The Wizard of Oz” (May 26 - July 1, 2012), “The Sound of Music” featuring music and lyrics by Rodgers and Hammerstein (July 14 - Aug. 19, 2012) and “Job - A Modern Man” (Sept. 1 - Sept. 30, 2012). Money-saving season passes are now on sale at the LifeHouse Box Office.
The theater is located at 1135 N. Church St. in Redlands, next to the Redlands Christian School. Free parking is available in back of the theater.
More information is available by visiting the theater website at www.lifehousetheater.com
For more information, please call (909) 335-3037 ext. 21
Captions are as follows no necessarily in order:
1. Jonathan Blair plays the title role in the award-winning musical “Joseph” at LifeHouse Theater (February 25 – April 1, 2012).
2. Jacob (Danny Blair) presents his son, Joseph (Jonathan Blair), with the coat of many colors in the award-winning musical “Joseph” at LifeHouse Theater (February 25 – April 1, 2012).
3. Joseph (Jonathan Blair) falls prey to the evil schemes of his brothers (Jeremy Prince, Shane Prince, and Mark Perrenoud) in the award-winning musical “Joseph” at LifeHouse Theater (February 25 – April 1, 2012).
4. Joseph (Jonathan Blair –center) is threatened with death by his jealous brothers (Jeremy Prince, Mark Perrenoud and Shane Prince) in the award-winning musical “Joseph” at LifeHouse Theater (February 25 – April 1, 2012).
5. Joseph (Jonathan Blair) cries for help, a victim of his brothers’ (Jeremy Prince, Shane Prince and Mark Perrenoud) murderous scheme in the award-winning musical “Joseph” at LifeHouse Theater (February 25 – April 1, 2012).
6. Jacob (Danny Blair) mourns the loss of Joseph unaware of his other sons’ deeds, he is met by the remorseful Reuben (Shane Prince) and the devious Levi (Jeremy Prince) and Simeon (Mark Perrenoud) in the award-winning musical “Joseph” at LifeHouse Theater (February 25 – April 1, 2012).
“Joseph!” Cast by City
Jacob Michel, Levi Michel, Mandy Michel, Zachary Michel
Celina Pedersen, Shane Prince
Saul Silva, William Silva
Nicholas Ferguson, Brooke Spencer Vigil
Israel Cabreros, Heather Siembieda
Andrew Baits, Ben Baker, Bethanne Boone, Jacob Gomez, Isaac Handy, Burrell Handy, Emilie Helvey,
Joshua Isom, Autumn Manson, Brooke Manson, Ivy Manson, Melissa Mollner, Mark Perrenoud, Jeremy Yeo
Jonathan Blair, Danny Blair, Rich Durant, Natasha Reese
Meigan Karraker, Chris Karraker, Joe Mabry, Jay Patterson, Jeremy Prince, Margaret Prince,
Nicole Marie Prince, Sarah Williams, Doug Yow